When apparently random members of a crowd come out of the woodwork to present a rehearsed performance, you have a flash mob! And with the increasing popularity of online video viewing, flash mobs are not only fun for the crowd who gets to see an unexpected live performance, but for internet users around the world as well.
While almost any type of performance can be presented by a flash mob, some of the most popular flash mob videos out there feature classical music. The facial expressions of the unsuspecting audience members are priceless!
Here are some favorite classical music flash mobs:
1. The Copenhagen Philharmonic performs Ravel’s Bolero at Copenhagen Central Station
2. “Ode to Joy” in Sabadell, Spain’s Placa de Sant Roc
3. The Opera Company of Philadelphia brings 650 choristers to Macy*s to perform the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s Messiah. Wow!
4. People’s Opera of Vienna perform Carmina Burana in the Wien Westbahnof train station. Complete with back flips and ticker tape!
5. Another rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus. This time in a mall food court!
Do you have a favorite classical music flash mob? Please share in the comments section below!